Bookkeeper / Operations Assistant
We are currently seeking a positive, energetic individual to join our team at Baie Ste. Anne Seafoods (2014) Inc. as a Bookkeeper/Operations assistant.
Our ideal candidate is an organized and detail-oriented self starter with the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision. The candidate must be a team player with a flexible attitude and ability to prioritize workload, multiple tasks, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Integrity, professionalism and excellent communication and skills are essential.
This person will provide support to the Operations team on a daily basis.
• Inventory control for all species produced and sold at the plant including regular visits to the wharf for inbound raw materials.
• Collect and distribute incoming lobster/crab raw material Bill’s of Lading and other information regarding boat arrivals.
• Monitor completeness and accuracy of daily production reporting sent to head office.
• Coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
• Internal audits of procedure flows with all stakeholders involved in production cycle.
• Keep updated records of purchases and shipping of raw material.
• Maintain updated monthly inventory counts including lobster, crab, bait, and fuel.
• Compile data, statistics, and other information regarding operational activity of the plant.
• Determine and establish office procedures and routines.
• Support in preparing daily/weekly bank deposits/Petty Cash.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Other General Duties:
· Financial reporting
· Payroll support including plant employees and external vendors.
• Experience in logistics, plant processing operations is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of basic financial reporting and accounting practices/bookkeeping.
• 2 years of an Administrative/Office Assistant Experience or equivalent.
• Bilingual in English and French, both written and spoken, considered an asset.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of software (MS Office)
• Knowledge of accounting software is considered an asset (Quickbooks, Sage, etc)
• Organizational and time-management abilities
• Reliable Transportation and Valid Driver’s License
About plant and work environment:
Daley Seafoods’ flagship seafood processing plant, BAIE STE. ANNE SEAFOODS, is located in the picturesque seaside village of Baie-Sainte-Anne, New Brunswick, Canada. Operating at the water’s edge of Atlantic Canada’s rich Gulf of St. Lawrence fishing grounds, our modernized seafood processing facility is customized for the efficient processing of two primary species – American Lobster and Snow Crab. Company owned property surrounding the 21,000-square-foot processing facility provides generous room for future plant expansion.
Additional aquatic species like mussels, clams and oysters are processed when seasonally available from hundreds of independent, northern New Brunswick fishermen. The current configuration of the BAIE STE. ANNE SEAFOODS plant has the capacity to processes an annual volume of approximately 8 million pounds of snow crab and lobster, combined.